5.07.2012

Going to the Art Deco Preservation Ball

This Saturday, Marcel and I attended the Art Deco Preservation Ball which was beautifully organized by the Art Deco Society. It was held at the magnificent Art Deco - style Bimbo's 365 Club which was established in 1931. Gorgeous ballroom and lounges! Everyone was beautifully dressed in their best 1920s-1940s dresses and suits. I definitely felt like traveling back to a time capsule!  For me, I chose a sky blue long gown with a fur cape and white gloves. And I got my hair professionally done by a stylist (for the first time and loved it!  If you're in SF and need a vintage hairstylist, go to KAI!). And look at Marcel, doesn't he look swanky in his tuxedo?? Oh, and we took beginner swing dancing lessons and had a great time swinging to the Don Neely orchestra. A couple of mis-steps but it was a lot of fun! I am so looking forward to the next year's gala!













Thrifted: gown, gloves, cape, necklace, bracelet | Shoes: Satin Low Pump Heels with Rhinestones: Caparros | Beaded cluctch: Bagteria (gift from mom) | Hairstyle: KAI | Makeup: Self

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...